What are the new features?
1. Managing unwanted interactions
Users now have the ability to delete comments in bulk, as well as block or restrict multiple accounts that post negative comments. To enable this feature on iOS:
- Tap on a comment and then the dotted icon in the top right corner
- Select Manage Comments and choose up to 25 comments to delete at once
- Tap More Options to block or restrict accounts in bulk
- To block or restrict accounts on Android, press and hold on a comment, tap the dotted icon and select Block or Restrict
2. Highlighting positive comments
This feature gives people a way to set the tone for their account and engage with their community by pinning a select number of comments to the top of their comments thread.
Soon, Instagram will begin testing Pinned Comments. This feature gives people a way to set the tone for their account and engage with their community by pinning a select number of comments to the top of their comments thread.
3. Choosing who can tag and mention you
Instagram has seen that tags and mentions can be used to target or bully others, so the new rollout, allows you to manage who can tag or mention you on Instagram.
You can choose whether you want everyone, only people you follow or no one to be able to tag or mention you in a comment, caption or Story.
Learn more about comment management in the Instagram Help Center.