Controls & Settings guide
Zoom conferencing platform has a range of security features such as password-protected meetings, waiting room functions, and participant management that can ensure that your family’s experience is more secure.
A Zoom Account (email address and password).
Password protect your meeting
– Log in to Zoom
– Click on the Schedule icon.
– For free versions of Zoom by default the ‘Meeting Password’ under ‘Password’ will be set
Authenticate people who participates
This is available for the paid zoom option.
You can choose only to allow signed-in users to participate.
Lock down your meeting
Once you have started your meeting do the following:
– Tap ‘More’
– Go to ‘Meeting settings’
– Under ‘Security’ tap ‘Lock Meeting ‘ as soon as all participants have arrived
Turn off participant screen sharing
– Under ‘Allow Participants to’ Disable ‘Share screen’
Use Waiting Rooms
This will allow you to screen people before they enter the meeting.
– Under ‘Security’ enable ‘Waiting Room’
Disable ‘Join before host’ option
Do not allow people to join the meeting before you.
– Tap on the Schedule icon.
– Under ‘Meeting option’ disable ‘Allow join before host’
Use search to find device, platform and networks guides or let us know if you still can’t find a guide.
Follow these links to learn more or download this information.
Got 30 seconds to help us ?
During this challenging time for families, please help us improve our information and resources by taking this 30 second survey