Impact of seeing pornography on children – Parental concerns
Here are the key findings from our research with parents around their concerns about children viewing sexual content online and reactions to age-verification requirements on commercial pornography site.
See main areas of parental concern
- A fear that children would develop a distorted view of healthy sex and relationships
- Due to the poor portrayal of women, they would be more likely to objectify women and use of violence
- It may lead to a poor body image and self-esteem as they may compare themselves with the actors
- They would have a lack of understanding of consent
- A fear that children will become addicted to porn