As a partner of the Anti-Bullying Alliance, it’s important that we all have a role to play in creating kind and supportive communities where children and young people can feel safe and supported. This Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying Week ‘Change Starts With Us’ helps us think about what we can all do to create a better world.
These activities are aimed at early years and primary age children as we believe you are never too young to make a difference! Activities for children include spreading love and happiness, making someone smile, laughing with (not at) others, helping one another, celebrating difference and making sure everyone is included:
- Sign up to Kidscape’s school resource pack which includes ideas and resources using Elmer to bring Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying week to life.The pack shares practical ideas to help build communities of support that will pay long term dividends and make our world better for everyone
- Celebrate Friendship Friday in your workplace or local community and help to raise vital funds for Kidscape’s life changing work? Kidscape celebrates Friendship Friday on the 8th November 2019, but you could hold your own event on any Friday of the year
- Organise a walk– why not organise a walk with your work colleagues and use it as an opportunity to raise funds for Kidscape so we can help many more children and families facing the devastating effects of bullying?
- Plan a route – it doesn’t need to be Land’s End to John O’Groats, a few blocks, twice around the car park or even to the sandwich shop will do
- If you can’t all leave the office at the same time separate into groups and have a relay… the next group can leave when the others return
- In celebration of Elmer why not hold a ‘dress casual day’ and encourage everyone to wear their brightest colours
- If time allows arrange for drinks and refreshments on your return. Each person taking part makes a donation towards Kidscape’s work
Other fundraising ideas
If you are not able to organise a sponsored walk there are many other ways your workplace can raise funds for Kidscape:
- Hold a dress up day
- Celebrate odd socks day with all the staff wearing odd socks
- Hold a bake sale
- Organise a book sale
- Make Kidscape your company charity of the year
For other fundraiser ideas visit Kidscape fundraiser page.