We’ve created a list of what we think are the top “Internet Matters” to help you and your children get to grips with behaviours that can help maintain a safer internet. Download the poster and share it with friends and family.
Top Internet Manners outlined
1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
2. If you wouldn’t say it to someone in person, don’t say it online.
3. People can’t see your body language, facial expressions or hear the tone of your voice online so don’t over-use icons and punctuation to convey meaning.
4. Don’t make a situation worse by provoking people even more.
5. Don’t start rumours or spread gossip about someone online.
6. Don’t make fun of someone in an online chat.
7. Post things that will inspire and motivate people in a positive way
8. Make sure you don’t create a negative environment in an online world or game through name calling.
9. Include people in online games and social forums and don’t intentionally leave people out.
10. You can’t retrieve material once it’s sent or posted online so, if it embarrasses you or someone else, don’t put it online.
11. Respect other people privacy.
12. Respect other people’s time and bandwidth by avoiding posting too much information.
Share this post!
If you found this poster helpful please share it by using the social buttons: