Covid-19 related online scams are on the rise – fraud reports related to the virus increased in the UK by 400% in March. To help people stay safe online, Google has created a website with useful tips on how to spot and avoid common scams.
The most common forms of online scams:
- Falsely representing health organisations
- Websites selling fraudulent products
- Posing as government sources
- Fraudulent financial offers
- Fake charitable donation requests
The website outlines the most common types of scams and provides tips on how to avoid them. You can also easily share the tips and download a one page summary of them directly from the website.
Visit Google’s Online Safety Hub